The perfect warming meal for cold Winter nights.
- 35g butter
- 2 leeks sliced
- 1 brown onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 600g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup thickened cream
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make:
- Melt the butter and sauté leeks, onion and garlic until soft and translucent.
- Add potatoes and cook for an extra 5 minutes.
- Add stock and simmer uncovered until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat and puree.
- Return to heat and add cream.
- Bring to the boil. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with fresh chives before serving.