This vibrant hummus will brighten up your NYE party platter!
- 2 small beetroot
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp hulled tahini
- juice of half a lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make:
- Cook beetroot in a pot of boiling water until soft. When cooked, drain and cool down. Peel the skin off, slice the cooked beetroot and place into a food processor.
- To the food processor, add chickpeas, garlic, tahini, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Blend until smooth and creamy, then slowly add olive oil and mix again.
- Taste and if needed add more salt, pepper or lemon juice.
- Serve with crackers or sliced vegetables. Will keep refrigerated in an air-tight container for about 4 days.