These nourishing mini muffins are perfect for lunchboxes.
- 1 can chickpeas (no added salt)
- ⅔ cup mashed banana
- ½ cup chopped red apple
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- ½ Community Co Aussie Sultanas*
- ½ cup Community Co Pitted Dates*, chopped into small pieces
- ⅓ cup Community Co Unsweetened Almond Milk*
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease 2 x 12 mini muffin pans.
- Drain the chickpeas, reserving ½ cup of the liquid (aquafaba). The chickpeas can be covered and kept in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- In a blender or food processor combine aquafaba, banana, dates, almond milk, flaxseed meal, 1 tsp orange zest, 1 tbsp orange juice and vanilla extract. Process until smooth.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add mixture from the food processor and stir until just combined (batter should be lumpy). Fold in the apple and sultanas.
- Spoon the batter into the mini muffin pans, filling each cup ⅔ full.
- Bake in the oven for 11-14 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and allow to cool completely before serving.