- 1.2kg beef bolar blade roast, excess fat trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 small brown onions, peeled, quartered
- 8 small carrots, thickly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) dry red wine
- 2 cups (500ml) beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 350g chat potatoes, halved
- 2 large zucchini, thickly sliced
- Steamed asparagus, green beans, peas, spinach and mint sprigs, to serve.
- Beef topside or rump roast would also work well in this recipe.
- Resting your roast will ensure it is tender and will lock the juices in.
- Leftover beef will be delicious in a crusty bread roll, wrap or sandwich with salad or coleslaw.